Synonyms for canton
- 1. Guangzhou, Kuangchou, Kwangchow, Canton
- usage: a city on the Zhu Jiang delta in southern China; the capital of Guangdong province and a major deep-water port
- 2. canton, administrative district, administrative division, territorial division
- usage: a small administrative division of a country
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. quarter, billet, canton, lodge, accommodate
- usage: provide housing for (military personnel)
- 2. canton, divide, split, split up, separate, dissever, carve up
- usage: divide into cantons, of a country