Synonyms for capital
- 1. capital, working capital, assets
- usage: assets available for use in the production of further assets
- 2. capital, assets
- usage: wealth in the form of money or property owned by a person or business and human resources of economic value
- 3. capital, seat
- usage: a seat of government
- 4. capital, capital letter, uppercase, upper-case letter, majuscule, character, grapheme, graphic symbol
- usage: one of the large alphabetic characters used as the first letter in writing or printing proper names and sometimes for emphasis; "printers once kept the type for capitals and for small letters in separate cases; capitals were kept in the upper half of the type case and so became known as upper-case letters"
- 5. capital, center, centre
- usage: a center that is associated more than any other with some activity or product; "the crime capital of Italy"; "the drug capital of Columbia"
- 6. Capital, Washington
- usage: the federal government of the United States
- 7. Das Kapital, Capital
- usage: a book written by Karl Marx (1867) describing his economic theories
- 8. capital, chapiter, cap, top
- usage: the upper part of a column that supports the entablature
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. capital, superior (vs. inferior)
- usage: first-rate; "a capital fellow"; "a capital idea"
- 2. capital, primary (vs. secondary)
- usage: of primary importance; "our capital concern was to avoid defeat"
- 3. capital, great, majuscule, uppercase (vs. lowercase)
- usage: uppercase; "capital A"; "great A"; "many medieval manuscripts are in majuscule script"