Synonyms for caption
- 1. caption, exception
- usage: taking exception; especially a quibble based on a captious argument; "a mere caption unworthy of a reply"
- 2. subtitle, caption, translation, interlingual rendition, rendering, version
- usage: translation of foreign dialogue of a movie or TV program; usually displayed at the bottom of the screen
- 3. caption, legend, title
- usage: brief description accompanying an illustration
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. caption, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a caption, as of a photograph or a drawing