Synonyms for cautious
- 1. timid, cautious, people
- usage: people who are fearful and cautious; "whitewater rafting is not for the timid"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. cautious (vs. incautious), cagey, cagy, chary, fabian, gingerly, guarded, restrained, overcautious, careful, unadventurous
- usage: showing careful forethought; "reserved and cautious; never making swift decisions"; "a cautious driver"
- 2. cautious, conservative, moderate (vs. immoderate)
- usage: avoiding excess; "a conservative estimate"