Synonyms for chap
- 1. chap, fellow, feller, fella, lad, gent, blighter, cuss, bloke, male, male person
- usage: a boy or man; "that chap is your host"; "there's a fellow at the door"; "he's a likable cuss"; "he's a good bloke"
- 2. crevice, cranny, crack, fissure, chap, depression, impression, imprint
- usage: a long narrow depression in a surface
- 3. chap, crack, cleft, crevice, fissure, scissure
- usage: a crack in a lip caused usually by cold
- 4. chap, legging, leging, leg covering
- usage: (usually in the plural) leather leggings without a seat; joined by a belt; often have flared outer flaps; worn over trousers by cowboys to protect their legs
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. chap, crack
- usage: crack due to dehydration; "My lips chap in this dry weather"
See also: chap (Dictionary)