Synonyms for characterization
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. word picture, word-painting, delineation, depiction, picture, characterization, characterisation, description, verbal description
- usage: a graphic or vivid verbal description; "too often the narrative was interrupted by long word pictures"; "the author gives a depressing picture of life in Poland"; "the pamphlet contained brief characterizations of famous Vermonters"
- 2. characterization, characterisation, description
- usage: the act of describing distinctive characteristics or essential features; "the media's characterization of Al Gore as a nerd"
- 3. portrayal, characterization, enactment, personation, acting, playing, playacting, performing
- usage: acting the part of a character on stage; dramatically representing the character by speech and action and gesture