Synonyms for chartered
- 1. rent, hire, charter, lease, contract, undertake
- usage: hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services
- 2. charter, license, licence, certify
- usage: grant a charter to
- 3. lease, rent, hire, charter, engage, take, get, acquire
- usage: engage for service under a term of contract; "We took an apartment on a quiet street"; "Let's rent a car"; "Shall we take a guide in Rome?"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. chartered (vs. unchartered), hired, leased
- usage: hired for the exclusive temporary use of a group of travelers; "a chartered plane"; "the chartered buses arrived on time"