Synonyms for chase
- 1. pursuit, chase, following, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of pursuing in an effort to overtake or capture; "the culprit started to run and the cop took off in pursuit"
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. chase, chase after, trail, tail, tag, give chase, dog, go after, track, pursue, follow, chase away
- usage: go after with the intent to catch; "The policeman chased the mugger down the alley"; "the dog chased the rabbit"
- 2. chase, chase after, woo, court, romance, solicit
- usage: pursue someone sexually or romantically
- 3. chase, cut
- usage: cut a groove into; "chase silver"
- 4. furrow, chamfer, chase, cut
- usage: cut a furrow into a columns
See also: chase (Dictionary)