Synonyms for chattering
- 1. chatter, chattering, noise
- usage: the rapid series of noises made by the parts of a machine
- 2. chatter, chattering, noise
- usage: the high-pitched continuing noise made by animals (birds or monkeys)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. chatter, click, sound, go
- usage: click repeatedly or uncontrollably; "Chattering teeth"
- 2. chatter, cut
- usage: cut unevenly with a chattering tool
- 3. chew the fat, shoot the breeze, chat, confabulate, confab, chitchat, chit-chat, chatter, chaffer, natter, gossip, jaw, claver, visit, converse, discourse
- usage: talk socially without exchanging too much information; "the men were sitting in the cafe and shooting the breeze"
- 4. chatter, piffle, palaver, prate, tittle-tattle, twaddle, clack, maunder, prattle, blab, gibber, tattle, blabber, gabble, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly
- 5. chatter, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: make noise as if chattering away; "The magpies were chattering in the trees"