Synonyms for chicory
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. chicory, chicory root, root
- usage: the dried root of the chicory plant: used as a coffee substitute
- 2. chicory, succory, chicory plant, Cichorium intybus, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: perennial Old World herb having rayed flower heads with blue florets cultivated for its root and its heads of crisp edible leaves used in salads
- 3. chicory, chicory root, coffee substitute
- usage: root of the chicory plant roasted and ground to substitute for or adulterate coffee
- 4. chicory, curly endive, salad green, salad greens
- usage: crisp spiky leaves with somewhat bitter taste