Synonyms for classical
- 1. classical music, classical, serious music, music genre, musical genre, genre, musical style
- usage: traditional genre of music conforming to an established form and appealing to critical interest and developed musical taste
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. classical (vs. nonclassical), classic, classical, classic, Greco-Roman, Graeco-Roman, Hellenic, neoclassic, neoclassical
- usage: of or relating to the most highly developed stage of an earlier civilisation and its culture; "classic Cinese pottery"
- 2. authoritative, classical, classic, definitive, standard (vs. nonstandard)
- usage: of recognized authority or excellence; "the definitive work on Greece"; "classical methods of navigation"
- 3. classical
- usage: of or relating to the study of the literary works of ancient Greece and Rome; " a classical scholar"
- 4. classical, standard (vs. nonstandard), received
- usage: (language) having the form used by ancient standard authors; "classical Greek
- 5. classical, classic, Greco-Roman, Graeco-Roman, Hellenic, classical (vs. nonclassical), classic
- usage: of or pertaining to or characteristic of the ancient Greek and Roman cultures; "classical mythology"; "classical