Synonyms for claw
- 1. claw, horny structure, unguis
- usage: sharp curved horny process on the toe of a bird or some mammals or reptiles
- 2. hook, claw, mechanical device
- usage: a mechanical device that is curved or bent to suspend or hold or pull something
- 3. claw, chela, nipper, pincer, extremity, appendage, member
- usage: a grasping structure on the limb of a crustacean or other arthropods
- 4. claw, bird's foot
- usage: a bird's foot
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. claw, make, work
- usage: move as if by clawing, seizing, or digging; "They clawed their way to the top of the mountain"
- 2. claw, seize, prehend, clutch
- usage: clutch as if in panic; "She clawed the doorknob"
- 3. claw, scratch, scrape, scratch up
- usage: scratch, scrape, pull, or dig with claws or nails
- 4. claw, attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault
- usage: attack as if with claws; "The politician clawed his rival"
See also: claw (Dictionary)