Synonyms for clearing
- 1. clearing, glade, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, parcel
- usage: a tract of land with few or no trees in the middle of a wooded area
- 2. clearing, liberation, release, freeing
- usage: the act of freeing from suspicion
- 3. clearing, clarification, improvement
- usage: the act of removing solid particles from a liquid
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. unclutter, clear, change, alter, modify, clear off, clear away
- usage: rid of obstructions; "Clear your desk"
- 2. clear, make, create
- usage: make a way or path by removing objects; "Clear a path through the dense forest"
- 3. clear up, clear, light up, brighten
- usage: become clear; "The sky cleared after the storm"
- 4. authorize, authorise, pass, clear, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: grant authorization or clearance for; "Clear the manuscript for publication"; "The rock star never authorized this slanderous biography"
- 5. clear, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove; "clear the leaves from the lawn"; "Clear snow from the road"
- 6. pass, clear, succeed, win, come through, bring home the bacon, deliver the goods
- usage: go unchallenged; be approved; "The bill cleared the House"
- 7. clear
- usage: be debited and credited to the proper bank accounts; "The check will clear within 2 business days"
- 8. clear, vanish, disappear, go away
- usage: go away or disappear; "The fog cleared in the afternoon"
- 9. clear, top, pass, overtake, overhaul
- usage: pass by, over, or under without making contact; "the balloon cleared the tree tops"
- 10. clear, clear up, shed light on, crystallize, crystallise, crystalize, crystalise, straighten out, sort out, enlighten, illuminate, elucidate, clarify, clear up, elucidate
- usage: make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear; "Could you clarify these remarks?"; "Clear up the question of who is at fault"
- 11. clear, free, discharge
- usage: free from payment of customs duties, as of a shipment; "Clear the ship and let it dock"
- 12. clear, rid, free, disembarrass
- usage: clear from impurities, blemishes, pollution, etc.; "clear the water before it can be drunk"
- 13. net, clear, yield, pay, bear
- usage: yield as a net profit; "This sale netted me $1 million"
- 14. net, sack, sack up, clear, profit, gain, benefit
- usage: make as a net profit; "The company cleared $1 million"
- 15. gain, take in, clear, make, earn, realize, realise, pull in, bring in, get, acquire
- usage: earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages; "How much do you make a month in your new job?"; "She earns a lot in her new job"; "this merger brought in lots of money"; "He clears $5,000 each month"
- 16. clear, sell
- usage: sell; "We cleared a lot of the old model cars"
- 17. clear, pass, clear
- usage: pass an inspection or receive authorization; "clear customs"
- 18. acquit, assoil, clear, discharge, exonerate, exculpate, pronounce, label, judge
- usage: pronounce not guilty of criminal charges; "The suspect was cleared of the murder charges"
- 19. clear, solve, settle, square off, square up, determine
- usage: settle, as of a debt; "clear a debt"; "solve an old debt"
- 20. clear, change, alter, modify
- usage: make clear, bright, light, or translucent; "The water had to be cleared through filtering"
- 21. clear, empty
- usage: rid of instructions or data; "clear a memory buffer"
- 22. clear, take out, move out, remove
- usage: remove (people) from a building; "clear the patrons from the theater after the bomb threat"
- 23. clear, empty
- usage: remove the occupants of; "Clear the building"
- 24. clear, clear up, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: free (the throat) by making a rasping sound; "Clear the throat"