Synonyms for clipped
- 1. cartridge holder, cartridge clip, clip, magazine, supply chamber
- usage: a metal frame or container holding cartridges; can be inserted into an automatic gun
- 2. time, clip, case, instance, example
- usage: an instance or single occasion for some event; "this time he succeeded"; "he called four times"; "he could do ten at a clip"
- 3. clip, fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
- usage: any of various small fasteners used to hold loose articles together
- 4. clip, jewelry, jewellery
- usage: an article of jewelry that can be clipped onto a hat or dress
- 5. clip, clipping, snip, cut, cutting, cutting off
- usage: the act of clipping or snipping
- 6. clip, blow
- usage: a sharp slanting blow; "he gave me a clip on the ear"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. clipped, trimmed (vs. untrimmed), cut
- usage: cut or trimmed by clipping; "a handsome man with a clipped moustache"; "clipped hedges"; "close-clipped lawns"; "a clipped poodle"
- 2. clipped, short (vs. long)
- usage: (of speech) having quick short sounds; "a clipped upper-class accent"