Synonyms for close-off
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. shut off, close off, discontinue, stop, cease, give up, quit, lay off
- usage: stem the flow of; "shut off the gas when you leave for a vacation"
- 2. shut off, close off, separate, divide
- usage: isolate or separate; "She was shut off from the friends"
- 3. shut off, block off, close off, barricade, block, blockade, stop, block off, block up, bar
- usage: block off the passage through; "We shut off the valve"