Synonyms for closeness
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. closeness, intimacy, belonging
- usage: a feeling of being intimate and belonging together; "their closeness grew as the night wore on"
- 2. stuffiness, closeness, quality
- usage: the quality of being close and poorly ventilated
- 3. nearness, closeness, distance
- usage: the spatial property resulting from a relatively small distance; "the sudden closeness of the dock sent him into action"
- 4. meanness, minginess, niggardliness, niggardness, parsimony, parsimoniousness, tightness, tightfistedness, closeness, stinginess
- usage: extreme stinginess
- 5. closeness, secretiveness, unsociability, unsociableness
- usage: characterized by a lack of openness (especially about one's actions or purposes)
- 6. familiarity, intimacy, closeness, friendliness
- usage: close or warm friendship; "the absence of fences created a mysterious intimacy in which no one knew privacy"