Synonyms for clothed
- 1. dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel, change state, turn
- usage: provide with clothes or put clothes on; "Parents must feed and dress their child"
- 2. invest, clothe, adorn, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: furnish with power or authority; of kings or emperors
- 3. clothe, cloak, drape, robe, cover, spread over
- usage: cover as if with clothing; "the mountain was clothed in tropical trees"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. clothed (vs. unclothed), clad, appareled, attired, dressed, garbed, garmented, habilimented, robed, arrayed, panoplied, breeched, pantalooned, trousered, bundled-up, caparisoned, cassocked, coated, costumed, cowled, dighted, dressed(predicate), dressed-up, dressed to the nines(predicate), dressed to kill(predicate), dolled up, spruced up, spiffed up, togged up, gowned, habited, heavy-coated, overdressed, petticoated, red-coated, lobster-backed, suited, surpliced, togged, turned out, tuxedoed, underdressed, uniformed, vestmented, adorned#1, decorated
- usage: wearing or provided with clothing; sometimes used in combination; "clothed and in his right mind"- Bible; "proud of her well-clothed family"; "nurses clad in white"; "white-clad nurses"
- 2. cloaked, clothed, draped, mantled, wrapped, covered (vs. bare)
- usage: covered with or as if with clothes or a wrap or cloak; "leaf-clothed trees"; "fog-cloaked meadows"; "a beam draped with cobwebs"; "cloud-wrapped peaks"