Synonyms for cloudy
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. cloudy, nebulose, nebulous, indistinct (vs. distinct)
- usage: lacking definite form or limits; "gropes among cloudy issues toward a feeble conclusion"- H.T.Moore; "nebulous distinction between pride and conceit"
- 2. cloudy, muddy, mirky, murky, turbid, opaque (vs. clear)
- usage: (of especially liquids) clouded as with sediment; "a cloudy liquid"; "muddy coffee"; "murky waters"
- 3. cloudy (vs. clear), brumous, foggy, hazy, misty, cloud-covered, clouded, overcast, sunless, cloudlike, nebular, dull, gray, grey, leaden, heavy, lowering, sullen, threatening, miasmal, miasmic, vaporous, smoggy
- usage: full of or covered with clouds; "cloudy skies"