Synonyms for coating
- 1. coating, coat, covering
- usage: a thin layer covering something; "a second coat of paint"
- 2. coating, finish, finishing, decorativeness
- usage: a decorative texture or appearance of a surface (or the substance that gives it that appearance); "the boat had a metallic finish"; "he applied a coat of a clear finish"; "when the finish is too thin it is difficult to apply evenly"
- 3. coating, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: a heavy fabric suitable for coats
- 4. application, coating, covering, manual labor, manual labour
- usage: the work of applying something; "the doctor prescribed a topical application of iodine"; "a complete bleach requires several applications"; "the surface was ready for a coating of paint";
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. coat, surface, cover
- usage: put a coat on; cover the surface of; furnish with a surface; "coat the cake with chocolate"
- 2. coat, dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
- usage: cover or provide with a coat
- 3. coat, cake, cover, spread over
- usage: form a coat over; "Dirt had coated her face"