Synonyms for collect
- 1. collect, prayer, petition, orison
- usage: a short prayer generally preceding the lesson in the Church of Rome or the Church of England
- 1. roll up, collect, accumulate, pile up, amass, compile, hoard, store, hive away, lay in, put in, salt away, stack away, stash away
- usage: get or gather together; "I am accumulating evidence for the man's unfaithfulness to his wife"; "She is amassing a lot of data for her thesis"; "She rolled up a small fortune"
- 2. collect, take in, take
- usage: call for and obtain payment of; "we collected over a million dollars in outstanding debts"; "he collected the rent"
- 3. gather, garner, collect, pull together
- usage: assemble or get together; "gather some stones"; "pull your thoughts together"
- 4. collect, pull in, roll up, collect, accumulate, pile up, amass, compile, hoard
- usage: get or bring together; "accumulate evidence"
- 5. collect, pick up, gather up, call for, get, acquire
- usage: gather or collect; "You can get the results on Monday"; "She picked up the children at the day care center"; "They pick up our trash twice a week"
- 1. collect, cod, due (vs. undue)
- usage: payable by the recipient on delivery; "a collect call"; "the letter came collect"; "a COD parcel"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. collect
- usage: make a telephone call or mail a package so that the recipient pays; "call collect"; "send a package collect"