Synonyms for comfortable
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. comfortable (vs. uncomfortable), comfy, cozy, cosy, snug, easy, homelike, homely, homey, homy, soothing
- usage: providing or experiencing physical well-being or relief (`comfy' is informal); "comfortable clothes"; "comfortable suburban houses"; "made himself comfortable in an armchair"; "the antihistamine made her feel more comfortable"; "are you comfortable?"; "feeling comfy now?"
- 2. comfortable (vs. uncomfortable), comforted, easy
- usage: free from stress or conducive to mental ease; having or affording peace of mind; "was settled in a comfortable job, one for which he was well prepared"; "the comfortable thought that nothing could go wrong"; "was comfortable in his religious beliefs"; "she's a comfortable person to be with"; "she felt comfortable with her fiance's parents"
- 3. comfortable, wide (vs. narrow)
- usage: more than adequate; "the home team had a comfortable lead"
- 4. comfortable, sufficient (vs. insufficient)
- usage: sufficient to provide comfort; "a comfortable salary"
- 5. comfortable, easy, prosperous, well-fixed, well-heeled, well-off, well-situated, well-to-do, rich (vs. poor)
- usage: in fortunate circumstances financially; moderately rich; "they were comfortable or even wealthy by some standards"; "easy living"; "a prosperous family"; "his family is well-situated financially"; "well-to-do members of the community"