Synonyms for company
- 1. company, institution, establishment
- usage: an institution created to conduct business; "he only invests in large well-established companies"; "he started the company in his garage"
- 2. company, army unit
- usage: small military unit; usually two or three platoons
- 3. company, companionship, fellowship, society, friendship, friendly relationship
- usage: the state of being with someone; "he missed their company"; "he enjoyed the society of his friends"
- 4. company, troupe, organization, organisation
- usage: organization of performers and associated personnel (especially theatrical); "the traveling company all stayed at the same hotel"
- 5. caller, company, visitor, visitant
- usage: a social or business visitor; "the room was a mess because he hadn't expected company"
- 6. company, social gathering, social affair
- usage: a social gathering of guests or companions; "the house was filled with company when I arrived"
- 7. party, company, set, circle, band, lot
- usage: a band of people associated temporarily in some activity; "they organized a party to search for food"; "the company of cooks walked into the kitchen"
- 8. ship's company, company, complement, full complement
- usage: crew of a ship including the officers; the whole force or personnel of a ship
- 9. company, unit, social unit
- usage: a unit of firefighters including their equipment; "a hook-and-ladder company"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. company, companion, accompany, keep company, consort, associate, affiliate, assort
- usage: be a companion to somebody