Synonyms for compensated
- 1. compensate, counterbalance, correct, make up, even out, even off, even up, balance, equilibrate, equilibrize, equilibrise
- usage: adjust for; "engineers will work to correct the effects or air resistance"
- 2. compensate, recompense, repair, indemnify, pay
- usage: make amends for; pay compensation for; "One can never fully repair the suffering and losses of the Jews in the Third Reich"; "She was compensated for the loss of her arm in the accident"
- 3. cover, compensate, overcompensate, compensate, counterbalance, correct, make up, even out, even off, even up
- usage: make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities; "he is compensating for being a bad father"
- 4. right, compensate, redress, correct, change, alter, modify
- usage: make reparations or amends for; "right a wrongs done to the victims of the Holocaust"
- 5. pay, pay off, make up, compensate, settle
- usage: do or give something to somebody in return; "Does she pay you for the work you are doing?"
- 6. compensate, recompense, remunerate, pay
- usage: make payment to; compensate; "My efforts were not remunerated"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. compensated, remunerated, salaried, stipendiary, paid (vs. unpaid)
- usage: receiving or eligible for compensation; "salaried workers"; "a stipendiary magistrate"