Synonyms for completing
- 1. complete, finish, end, terminate
- usage: come or bring to a finish or an end; "He finished the dishes"; "She completed the requirements for her Master's Degree"; "The fastest runner finished the race in just over 2 hours; others finished in over 4 hours"
- 2. complete, fill, fill up, make full
- usage: bring to a whole, with all the necessary parts or elements; "A child would complete the family"
- 3. dispatch, discharge, complete, carry through, accomplish, execute, carry out, action, fulfill, fulfil
- usage: complete or carry out; "discharge one's duties"
- 4. complete, nail, play
- usage: complete a pass
- 5. complete, fill out, fill in, make out
- usage: write all the required information onto a form; "fill out this questionnaire, please!"; "make out a form"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. complemental, complementary, completing, additive (vs. subtractive)
- usage: acting as or providing a complement (something that completes the whole)