Synonyms for complex
- 1. complex, composite, whole
- usage: a conceptual whole made up of complicated and related parts; "the complex of shopping malls, houses, and roads created a new town"
- 2. complex, coordination compound, compound, chemical compound
- usage: a compound described in terms of the central atom to which other atoms are bound or coordinated
- 3. complex, feeling
- usage: (psychoanalysis) a combination of emotions and impulses that have been rejected from awareness but still influence a person's behavior
- 4. building complex, complex, structure, construction
- usage: a whole structure (as a building) made up of interconnected or related structures
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. complex (vs. simple), analyzable, decomposable, Byzantine, convoluted, intricate, involved, knotty, labyrinthine, tangled, tortuous, colonial, compound, complicated, composite, compound, daedal, Gordian, interlacing, interlinking, interlocking, interwoven, labyrinthine, labyrinthian, mazy, multifactorial, multiplex, thickening, compound, difficult#1, hard
- usage: complicated in structure; consisting of interconnected parts; "a complex set of variations based on a simple folk melody"; "a complex mass of diverse laws and customs"