Synonyms for compression
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. compaction, compression, concretion, densification, concentration
- usage: an increase in the density of something
- 2. compression, condensation, contraction, shrinking, shrinkage
- usage: the process or result of becoming smaller or pressed together; "the contraction of a gas on cooling"
- 3. compression, encoding, encryption
- usage: encoding information while reducing the bandwidth or bits required
- 4. compression, compressing, press, pressure, pressing
- usage: applying pressure