Synonyms for concentrate
- 1. dressed ore, concentrate, ore
- usage: the desired mineral that is left after impurities have been removed from mined ore
- 2. concentrate, foodstuff, food product
- usage: a concentrated form of a foodstuff; the bulk is reduced by removing water
- 3. concentrate, prototype, paradigm, epitome, image
- usage: a concentrated example of something; "the concentrate of contemporary despair"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. concentrate, change state, turn
- usage: make denser, stronger, or purer; "concentrate juice"
- 2. concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: direct one's attention on something; "Please focus on your studies and not on your hobbies"
- 3. centralize, centralise, concentrate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make central; "The Russian government centralized the distribution of food"
- 4. digest, condense, concentrate, abridge, foreshorten, abbreviate, shorten, cut, contract, reduce
- usage: make more concise; "condense the contents of a book into a summary"
- 5. concentrate, converge
- usage: draw together or meet in one common center; "These groups concentrate in the inner cities"
- 6. condense, concentrate, contract, change, alter, modify
- usage: compress or concentrate; "Congress condensed the three-year plan into a six-month plan"
- 7. boil down, reduce, decoct, concentrate, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: be cooked until very little liquid is left; "The sauce should reduce to one cup"
- 8. reduce, boil down, concentrate, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: cook until very little liquid is left; "The cook reduced the sauce by boiling it for a long time"