Synonyms for condemned
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. condemn, reprobate, decry, objurgate, excoriate, denounce
- usage: express strong disapproval of; "We condemn the racism in South Africa"; "These ideas were reprobated"
- 2. condemn, declare
- usage: declare or judge unfit for use or habitation; "The building was condemned by the inspector"
- 3. condemn, compel, oblige, obligate
- usage: compel or force into a particular state or activity; "His devotion to his sick wife condemned him to a lonely existence"
- 4. condemn, attest, certify, manifest, demonstrate, evidence
- usage: demonstrate the guilt of (someone); "Her strange behavior condemned her"
- 5. sentence, condemn, doom, declare
- usage: pronounce a sentence on (somebody) in a court of law; "He was condemned to ten years in prison"
- 6. condemn, impound, attach, sequester, confiscate, seize
- usage: appropriate (property) for public use; "the county condemned the land to build a highway"