Synonyms for confession
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. confession, admission
- usage: an admission of misdeeds or faults
- 2. confession, document, written document, papers
- usage: a written document acknowledging an offense and signed by the guilty party
- 3. confession, penance
- usage: (Roman Catholic Church) the act of a penitent disclosing his sinfulness before a priest in the sacrament of penance in the hope of absolution
- 4. confession, declaration
- usage: a public declaration of your faith
- 5. confession, religious doctrine, church doctrine, gospel, creed
- usage: the document that spells out the belief system of a given church (especially the Reformation churches of the 16th century)