Synonyms for confirm
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. confirm, corroborate, sustain, substantiate, support, affirm
- usage: establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts; "his story confirmed my doubts"; "The evidence supports the defendant"
- 2. confirm, reassert, affirm
- usage: strengthen or make more firm; "The witnesses confirmed the victim's account"
- 3. confirm, strengthen, beef up, fortify
- usage: make more firm; "Confirm thy soul in self-control!"
- 4. confirm, approve, O.K., okay, sanction
- usage: support a person for a position; "The Senate confirmed the President's candidate for Secretary of Defense"
- 5. confirm, covenant
- usage: administer the rite of confirmation to; "the children were confirmed in their mother's faith"