Synonyms for constricted
- 1. compress, constrict, squeeze, compact, contract, press, tighten
- usage: squeeze or press together; "she compressed her lips"; "the spasm contracted the muscle"
- 2. constrict, constringe, narrow, tighten
- usage: become tight or as if tight; "Her throat constricted"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. constricted, tense (vs. lax)
- usage: especially tense; especially in some dialects
- 2. constricted (vs. unconstricted), narrowed, pinched, stenosed, stenotic
- usage: drawn together or squeezed physically or by extension psychologically; "a constricted blood vessel"; "a constricted view of life"