Synonyms for consumptive
- 1. consumptive, lunger, tubercular, sick person, diseased person, sufferer
- usage: a person with pulmonary tuberculosis
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. consumptive (vs. generative), exploitative, exploitatory, exploitive
- usage: tending to consume or use often wastefully; "water suitable for beneficial consumptive uses"; "duties consumptive of time and energy"; "consumptive fires"
- 2. consumptive, ill (vs. well), sick
- usage: afflicted with or associated with pulmonary tuberculosis; "a consumptive patient"; "a consumptive cough"