Synonyms for contrastive
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. contrastive, incompatible, antonymous (vs. synonymous)
- usage: of words so related that one contrasts with the other; "`rich' and `hard-up' are contrastive terms"
- 2. contrasting, contrastive, different (vs. same)
- usage: strikingly different; tending to contrast; "contrasting (or contrastive) colors"
- 3. contrastive, disjunctive (vs. conjunctive)
- usage: syntactically establishing a relation of contrast between sentences or elements of a sentence; "disjunctive conjunctions like `but', `or', or `though' serve a contrastive function"