Synonyms for convention
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. convention, meeting, group meeting
- usage: a large formal assembly; "political convention"
- 2. convention, normal, pattern, rule, formula, practice
- usage: something regarded as a normative example; "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
- 3. convention, treaty, pact, accord
- usage: (diplomacy) an international agreement
- 4. conventionality, convention, conventionalism, orthodoxy
- usage: orthodoxy as a consequence of being conventional
- 5. convention, convening, assembly, assemblage, gathering
- usage: the act of convening