Synonyms for cook
- 1. cook, skilled worker, trained worker, skilled workman
- usage: someone who cooks food
- 2. Cook, James Cook, Captain Cook, Captain James Cook
- usage: English navigator who claimed the east coast of Australia for Britain and discovered several Pacific islands (1728-1779)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. cook, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- 2. cook, fix, ready, make, prepare, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: prepare for eating by applying heat; "Cook me dinner, please"; "can you make me an omelette?"; "fix breakfast for the guests, please"
- 3. cook, change integrity
- usage: transform and make suitable for consumption by heating; "These potatoes have to cook for 20 minutes"
- 4. fudge, manipulate, fake, falsify, cook, wangle, misrepresent, cheat, chisel
- usage: tamper, with the purpose of deception; "Fudge the figures"; "cook the books"; "falsify the data"
- 5. cook, change, alter, modify
- usage: transform by heating; "The apothecary cooked the medicinal mixture in a big iron kettle"
See also: cook (Dictionary)