Synonyms for cool
- 1. cool, coldness, cold, low temperature
- usage: the quality of being cool; "the cool of early morning"
- 2. aplomb, assuredness, cool, poise, sang-froid, composure, calm, calmness, equanimity
- usage: great coolness and composure under strain; "keep your cool"
- 1. cool, chill, cool down, change, alter, modify
- usage: make cool or cooler; "Chill the food"
- 2. cool, chill, cool down, change state, turn
- usage: loose heat; "The air cooled considerably after the thunderstorm"
- 3. cool, cool off, cool down, change
- usage: lose intensity; "His enthusiasm cooled considerably"
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. cool (vs. warm), air-conditioned, air-cooled, chill, chilly, caller, precooled, water-cooled, cold
- usage: neither warm or very cold; giving relief from heat; "a cool autumn day"; "a cool room"; "cool summer dresses"; "cool drinks"; "a cool breeze"
- 2. cool, coolheaded, nerveless, composed (vs. discomposed)
- usage: marked by calm self-control (especially in trying circumstances); unemotional; "play it cool"; "keep cool"; "stayed coolheaded in the crisis"; "the most nerveless winner in the history of the tournament"
- 3. cool (vs. warm), cold
- usage: (color) inducing the impression of coolness; used especially of greens and blues and violets; "cool greens and blues and violets"
- 4. cool (vs. warm), chilly, unfriendly, unresponsive, unagitated, cold, unemotional, unfriendly
- usage: psychologically cool and unenthusiastic; unfriendly or unresponsive or showing dislike; "relations were cool and polite"; "a cool reception"; "cool to the idea of higher taxes"
- 5. cool, unqualified (vs. qualified)
- usage: used of a number or sum and meaning without exaggeration or qualification; "a cool million bucks"
- 6. cool, fashionable (vs. unfashionable), stylish
- usage: fashionable and attractive at the time; often skilled or socially adept; "he's a cool dude"; "that's cool"; "Mary's dress is really cool"; "it's not cool to arrive at a party too early"
See also: cool (Dictionary)