Synonyms for corrupted
- 1. corrupt, pervert, subvert, demoralize, demoralise, debauch, debase, profane, vitiate, deprave, misdirect, change, alter, modify
- usage: corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality; "debauch the young people with wine and women"; "Socrates was accused of corrupting young men"; "Do school counselors subvert young children?"; "corrupt the morals"
- 2. bribe, corrupt, buy, grease one's palms, pay
- usage: make illegal payments to in exchange for favors or influence; "This judge can be bought"
- 3. defile, sully, corrupt, taint, cloud, mar, impair, spoil, deflower, vitiate
- usage: place under suspicion or cast doubt upon; "sully someone's reputation"
- 4. corrupt, spoil, modify
- usage: alter from the original
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. corrupt, corrupted, imperfect (vs. perfect)
- usage: containing errors or alterations; "a corrupt text"; "spoke a corrupted version of the language"
- 2. corrupted, debased, vitiated, corrupt (vs. incorrupt)
- usage: ruined in character or quality