Synonyms for cough
- 1. cough, coughing, symptom
- usage: sudden expulsion of air from the lungs that clears the air passages; a common symptom of upper respiratory infection or bronchitis or pneumonia or tuberculosis
- 2. cough, coughing, exhalation, expiration, breathing out
- usage: the act of exhaling air suddenly with a noise
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. cough, expectorate, cough up, cough out, spit up, spit out, cough out, cough up, cough up
- usage: exhale abruptly, as when one has a chest cold or congestion; "The smoker coughs all day"
See also: cough (Dictionary)