Synonyms for coughing-up
- 1. coughing up, expulsion, projection, ejection, forcing out
- usage: the act of expelling (food or phlegm) by coughing
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. cough up, pony up, spit up, give
- usage: give reluctantly; "He coughed up some money for his children's tuition"
- 2. expectorate, cough up, cough out, spit up, spit out, exhaust, discharge, expel, eject, release
- usage: discharge (phlegm or sputum) from the lungs and out of the mouth