Synonyms for counteract
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. antagonize, antagonise, counteract, act, move
- usage: act in opposition to
- 2. countercheck, counteract, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: oppose or check by a counteraction
- 3. counteract, countervail, neutralize, counterbalance, cancel, offset, set off
- usage: oppose and mitigate the effects of by contrary actions; "This will counteract the foolish actions of my colleagues"
- 4. sabotage, undermine, countermine, counteract, subvert, weaken, disobey
- usage: destroy property or hinder normal operations; "The Resistance sabotaged railroad operations during the war"