Synonyms for course
- 1. course, course of study, course of instruction, class, education, instruction, teaching, pedagogy, didactics, educational activity
- usage: education imparted in a series of lessons or meetings; "he took a course in basket weaving"; "flirting is not unknown in college classes"
- 2. course, line, series
- usage: a connected series of events or actions or developments; "the government took a firm course"; "historians can only point out those lines for which evidence is available"
- 3. course, trend, direction, way
- usage: general line of orientation; "the river takes a southern course"; "the northeastern trend of the coast"
- 4. course, course of action, action
- usage: a mode of action; "if you persist in that course you will surely fail"; "once a nation is embarked on a course of action it becomes extremely difficult for any retraction to take place"
- 5. path, track, course, line
- usage: a line or route along which something travels or moves; "the hurricane demolished houses in its path"; "the track of an animal"; "the course of the river"
- 6. class, form, grade, course, gathering, assemblage
- usage: a body of students who are taught together; "early morning classes are always sleepy"
- 7. course, nutriment, nourishment, nutrition, sustenance, aliment, alimentation, victuals
- usage: part of a meal served at one time; "she prepared a three course meal"
- 8. course, row, layer, bed
- usage: (construction) a layer of masonry; "a course of bricks"
- 9. course, facility, installation
- usage: facility consisting of a circumscribed area of land or water laid out for a sport; "the course had only nine holes"; "the course was less than a mile"
- 1. course, traverse, track, cover, cross, pass over, get over, get across, cut through, cut across
- usage: move swiftly through or over; "ships coursing the Atlantic"
- 2. run, flow, feed, course, move
- usage: move along, of liquids; "Water flowed into the cave"; "the Missouri feeds into the Mississippi"
- 3. course, hunt, run, hunt down, track down
- usage: hunt with hounds; "He often courses hares"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. naturally, of course, course
- usage: as might be expected; "naturally, the lawyer sent us a huge bill"