Synonyms for courser
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. courser, hunter, huntsman
- usage: a huntsman who hunts small animals with fast dogs that use sight rather than scent to follow their prey
- 2. charger, courser, warhorse
- usage: formerly a strong swift horse ridden into battle
- 3. courser, hunting dog
- usage: a dog trained for coursing
- 4. courser, shorebird, shore bird, limicoline bird
- usage: swift-footed terrestrial plover-like bird of southern Asia and Africa; related to the pratincoles