Synonyms for crash
- 1. clang, clangor, clangour, clangoring, clank, clash, crash, noise
- usage: a loud resonant repeating noise; "he could hear the clang of distant bells"
- 2. crash, wreck, accident
- usage: a serious accident (usually involving one or more vehicles); "they are still investigating the crash of the TWA plane"
- 3. crash, collapse, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: a sudden large decline of business or the prices of stocks (especially one that causes additional failures)
- 4. crash, smash, hit, hitting, striking
- usage: the act of colliding with something; "his crash through the window"; "the fullback's smash into the defensive line"
- 5. crash, mishap, misadventure, mischance
- usage: (computer science) an event that causes a computer system to become inoperative; "the crash occurred during a thunderstorm and the system has been down ever since"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. crash, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: fall or come down violently; "The branch crashed down on my car"; "The plane crashed in the sea"
- 2. crash, move
- usage: move with, or as if with, a crashing noise; "The car crashed through the glass door"
- 3. crash, ram, collide, clash
- usage: undergo damage or destruction on impact; "the plane crashed into the ocean"; "The car crashed into the lamp post"
- 4. crash, pass, go through, go across
- usage: move violently as through a barrier; "The terrorists crashed the gate"
- 5. crash, break up, break apart, disintegrate
- usage: break violently or noisily; smash;
- 6. crash, occupy, reside, lodge in
- usage: occupy, usually uninvited; "My son's friends crashed our house last weekend"
- 7. crash, sound, go
- usage: make a sudden loud sound; "the waves crashed on the shore and kept us awake all night"
- 8. barge in, crash, gate-crash, intrude, irrupt
- usage: enter uninvited; informal; "let's crash the party!"
- 9. crash, collide
- usage: cause to crash; "The terrorists crashed the plane into the palace"; "Mother crashed the motorbike into the lamppost"
- 10. crash, dash, hurl, hurtle, cast
- usage: hurl or thrust violently; "He dashed the plate against the wall"; "Waves were dashing against the rock"
- 11. crash, change
- usage: undergo a sudden and severe downturn; "the economy crashed"; "will the stock market crash again?"
- 12. crash, go down, fail, go bad, give way, die, give out, conk out, go, break, break down
- usage: stop operating; "My computer crashed last night"; "The system goes down at least once a week"
- 13. doss, doss down, crash, bed down, bunk down
- usage: sleep in a convenient place; "You can crash here, though it's not very comfortable"
See also: crash (Dictionary)