Synonyms for cunning
- 1. cunning, shrewdness, astuteness, perspicacity, perspicaciousness
- usage: shrewdness in deception; "as cunning as a fox"
- 2. craft, craftiness, cunning, foxiness, guile, slyness, wiliness, shrewdness, astuteness, perspicacity, perspicaciousness
- usage: shrewdness as demonstrated by being skilled in deception
- 3. cunning, artfulness
- usage: drafty artfulness (especially in deception)
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. cunning, cute, attractive (vs. unattractive)
- usage: attractive especially by means of smallness or prettiness or quaintness; "a cute kid with pigtails"; "a cute little apartment"; "cunning kittens"; "a cunning baby"
- 2. crafty, cunning, dodgy, foxy, guileful, knavish, slick, sly, tricksy, tricky, wily, artful (vs. artless)
- usage: marked by skill in deception; "cunning men often pass for wise"; "deep political machinations"; "a foxy scheme"; "a slick evasive answer"; "sly as a fox"; "tricky Dik"; "a wily old attorney"
- 3. clever, cunning, ingenious, adroit (vs. maladroit)
- usage: showing inventiveness and skill; "a clever gadget"; "the cunning maneuvers leading to his success"; "an ingenious solution to the problem"