Synonyms for dependency
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. dependence, dependance, dependency, state
- usage: lack of independence or self-sufficiency
- 2. addiction, dependence, dependency, habituation, physiological state, physiological condition
- usage: being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming (especially alcohol or narcotic drugs)
- 3. colony, dependency, geographical area, geographic area, geographical region, geographic region
- usage: a geographical area politically controlled by a distant country