Synonyms for devoured
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. devour, destroy, ruin
- usage: destroy completely; "Fire had devoured our home"
- 2. devour, enjoy, bask, relish, savor, savour
- usage: enjoy avidly; "She devoured his novels"
- 3. devour, down, consume, go through, eat
- usage: eat immoderately; "Some people can down a pound of meat in the course of one meal"
- 4. devour, guttle, raven, pig, eat
- usage: eat greedily; "he devoured three sandwiches"