Synonyms for diaspora
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. diaspora, body
- usage: the body of Jews (or Jewish communities) outside Palestine or modern Israel
- 2. Diaspora, dispersion, scattering
- usage: the dispersion of the Jews outside Israel; from the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem in 587-86 BC when they were exiled to Babylonia up to the present time
- 3. diaspora, distribution, dispersion
- usage: the dispersion or spreading of something that was originally localized (as a people or language or culture)