Synonyms for discount
- 1. discount, price reduction, deduction, decrease, diminution, reduction, step-down
- usage: the act of reducing the selling price of merchandise
- 2. discount rate, discount, bank discount, interest rate, rate of interest
- usage: interest on an annual basis deducted in advance on a loan
- 3. rebate, discount, refund
- usage: a refund of some fraction of the amount paid
- 4. deduction, discount, allowance, adjustment
- usage: an amount or percentage deducted
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. dismiss, disregard, brush aside, brush off, discount, push aside, ignore, reject
- usage: bar from attention or consideration; "She dismissed his advances"
- 2. discount, mark down
- usage: give a reduction in price on; "I never discount these books-they sell like hot cakes"