Synonyms for disturbance
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. perturbation, disturbance, activity
- usage: activity that is a malfunction, intrusion, or interruption; "the term `distress' connotes some degree of perturbation and emotional upset"; "he looked around for the source of the disturbance"; "there was a disturbance of neural function"
- 2. disturbance, perturbation, upset, agitation
- usage: an unhappy and worried mental state; "there was too much anger and disturbance"; "she didn't realize the upset she caused me"
- 3. disturbance, disruption, commotion, flutter, hurly burly, to-do, hoo-ha, hoo-hah, kerfuffle, disorder
- usage: a disorderly outburst or tumult; "they were amazed by the furious disturbance they had caused"
- 4. affray, disturbance, fray, ruffle, fight, fighting, combat, scrap
- usage: a noisy fight
- 5. disturbance, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: the act of disturbing something or someone; setting something in motion
- 6. mental disorder, mental disturbance, disturbance, psychological disorder, folie, disorder, upset
- usage: (psychiatry) a psychological disorder of thought or emotion; a more neutral term than mental illness
- 7. noise, interference, disturbance, trouble
- usage: electrical or acoustic activity that can disturb communication