Synonyms for disturbing
- 1. disturb, upset, trouble, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: move deeply; "This book upset me"; "A troubling thought"
- 2. agitate, vex, disturb, commove, shake up, stir up, raise up, move, displace
- usage: change the arrangement or position of
- 3. touch, disturb, change, alter, modify
- usage: tamper with; "Don't touch my CDs!"
- 4. interrupt, disturb, act, move
- usage: destroy the peace or tranquility of; "Don't interrupt me when I'm reading"
- 5. disturb, damage
- usage: damage as if by shaking or jarring; "Don't disturb the patient's wounds by moving him too rapidly!"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. distressing, distressful, disturbing, perturbing, troubling, worrisome, worrying, heavy (vs. light)
- usage: causing distress or worry or anxiety; "distressing (or disturbing) news"; "lived in heroic if something distressful isolation"; "a disturbing amount of crime"; "a revelation that was most perturbing"; "a new and troubling thought"; "in a particularly worrisome predicament"; "a worrying situation"; "a worrying time"